[linux-pm] [RFD] Automatic suspend

Rafael J. Wysocki rjw at sisk.pl
Mon Feb 16 15:08:27 PST 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009, Woodruff, Richard wrote:

> [...]

I'd like to talk about this.

Phase 1: I agree that system-auto-suspend-on, system-auto-suspend-off would be
useful, but I don't like the wakelocks interface.  Do you think there is an
alternative way/mechanism of doing this?

Phase 2: I'm not sure.  We may want to introduce such things for various
subsystems in parallel (eg. USB already has such things).

Phase 3: Probably explicit control left to open/close.

> However, the notion of actually plotting out a course with goals does as it
> will take a long time and it is good to get some benefit along the way.

Agreed.

Thanks,
Rafael