[linux-pm] suspend slow in 2.6.25-rc6 (was Re: Suspend and hibernation patchset against -rc6)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Mar 18 10:31:28 PDT 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Pavel Machek wrote:

> On Tue 2008-03-18 14:06:42, Pavel Machek wrote:
> >
> > Confirmed, suspend slowness is in 2.6.25-rc6, too. It takes 15 seconds
> > to suspend/resume, while 2.6.24 takes 9. Thinkpad x60.
>
> IIRC 2.6.25-rc5 was "fast".

Can you bisect it? There's only 343 commits between -rc5 and -rc6, so it
should not take too long to check which commit it is. Even if it should
take 9 reboots to bisect it entirely, going just five or six will likely
narrow it down sufficiently that we can probably guess fairly well what
it's about.

		Linus