[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] kernel performance tracking

Chen, Tim C tim.c.chen at intel.com
Fri Jun 29 18:05:35 UTC 2012

I have been doing regular kernel performance tracking for a while
along with my colleague Alex Shi.  We
regularly run a suite of workload for each rc kernel across multiple
platforms as part of the kernel performance project at Intel
(kernel-perf.sourceforge.net).  Usually there are a few
performance regressions that we catch for each kernel release during
the rc kernel testing phase that we post and engage the community for fixing.

We will like to present our testing
methodology and workload suite we use for regular testing and
solicit feedback on improvement to our testing process.

The other aspect of our kernel performance work is scalability testing
on large systems (4 sockets or more).  We will present some of the
workload suite that we are using and issues that we have found.

Regards,
Tim Chen