[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] Documenting the summit and the kernel

Jonathan Corbet corbet at lwn.net
Fri Jun 29 22:16:21 UTC 2012

So I guess I'll send one of these [ATTEND] thingies too.  I've hesitated
mostly because I don't know what the odds of my actually being able to
attend the event are—but I'll be there if I can.

As one might expect, my plan is to write up the event the way I have for
all of the others.  What better excuse can there be to get out of the
tedious task of drinking beer with everybody else and stay up all night
writing instead?

By now, I (and my co-authors) had hoped to have made serious progress on
putting together a new driver book, along with a whole new process to
ensure the free distribution of the book and more regular maintenance of
it.  But then life intervened.  Sometime I'll actually get some of that
work done; in the meantime, it occurs to me that it might be interesting to
have a wider discussion of what sort of developer documentation we would
like and how we think it should be written.

jon