[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] LTP and kernel testing

Caspar Zhang caspar at casparzhang.com
Fri Jun 29 08:43:34 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I'm one of the maintainers in Linux Test Project (LTP) and I've been
working on increasing kernel test coverage in LTP for the past year. I
would like to attend this year's KS and bring some testing-related
topics and open discussions:

- what is LTP good and not good at in kernel testing
- what improvement we're making and plan to make in LTP
- what kind of help do we need from community and if it is worthy to
spend our developers' time on improving this test suite?
- there are many other test suites (e.g.: mmtests), is it worthy to make
them available in LTP (just like mce-test, IBM pounder)?

I also have interest in Fengguang Wu, Dave Jones, Alex Shi 's topics
related to testing.

Thanks,
Caspar