[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] performance/scalability testing

Alex Shi alex.shi at intel.com
Thu Jun 28 04:32:07 UTC 2012

I am working on Intel LKP(Linux kernel performance) project for 5 years.
I'd like to attend this meeting to join the discuss of kernel
performance/scalability with Andi Kleen and Herbert Xu, I may bring
ideas from testing view point.

I like to share/discuss the following list if some one have interesting:

1, I like to share what we found or fixed performance issues
in upstream kernel recent years.

2, I like to share/discuss performance/scalability testing technical
with detailed examples, like getting profile from
systemtap/perf/oprofile/; getting precise time cost for specific kernel
path; getting hardware profile from CPU PMU. These info may generated by
generic benchmarks: specjbb/oltp/netperf, or by specific
micro-benchmarks if generic benchmark is too heavy to introduce other
interferes, or by set up stubs in kernel to measure specific kernel path.

3, I like to share/discuss how to implement a full automatic
performance/power testing infrastructure to get kernel performance index
on many benchmarks and different platforms. and how to find buggy
commitment which trigger a performance/power regression on our
platforms. also includes how to tuning and stabilise specific benchmarks.

Regards
Alex