[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] Your upstream maintainer just isn't that into you...

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk konrad at darnok.org
Tue Jun 26 22:48:41 UTC 2012

> Would a basic, "here's how I work" type writeup or screencast help
> people out with seeing how we do things to help other maintainers out?
> I don't think it's worth a whole session at KS to go over this, but
> perhaps it is if people feel it would be worth it.  I know I've gotten
> tips on how to use git from just about everyone I've seen use it over
> the years, so perhaps a short 5 minute session from a few of us would be
> benificial?

It would be. For one I am not so sure whether the model I am using
is the best - and seeing somebodies else model (and finding out what
works and what does not) would be beneficial.

One issue I've been having issues is using mutt to save a list of
patches (so tag them, then Esc-;-s to some mbox) and then using git am.
It always dies on me b/c the mbox emails are out of order:
2/9, 9/9, 1/9, etc. And "git am" seems to enjoy doing it in the
mbox order instead of looking at the 1/9, 2/9 headers.
Or maybe it is me not using 'mutt's command effectivly?

Either way, would like to see a short session of "Greg KH's
workday compressed in 5 minutes." to educate myself.