[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] It's all so interesting

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Jun 26 00:09:27 UTC 2012

Expertise I bring
 - active subsystem maintainer (md)
 - active maintainer for one ARM board - GTA04
      (board isn't mainline, but fixes are steadily being pushed)
 - I write high-level documentation for things (swap-over-NFS, overlayfs, VFS)

Like to discuss:
 - anything you are doing
 - merging Android functionality with good-taste designs
 - IPC - do we need new kernel functionality to support things
   like binder and D-Bus. Can we find a general solution for all requirements?
 - block-layer changes.

What I hope to get out of it:

- to gather interesting quotes for occasional lwn.net articles
- to tap into the 'big picture' to get ideas for future
  'kernel patterns' lwn.net articles
- to get interested in some new subsystem so I can possibly
  document it in some way
- serendipitous interactions with random kernel developers in
  various hallways