[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] slave dmaenegine discussion

Vinod Koul vinod.koul at linux.intel.com
Fri Jun 22 06:25:02 UTC 2012

Hello,

I would like to attend this year's KS. I maintain the slave dmaengine
and also contribute to the ASoC.

I would like to discuss following topics related to slave dmaengine

- slave dmaengine channel mapping: how do we do better channel mapping
As we know the mapping of slave channel with requested client is not
properly done in dmaengine.

- refactoring dmaengine drivers: As Russell pointed out recently, we
need to have better support the drivers and bring uniformity in the
drivers we have.

- relook at slave dmaengine API: is the current dmaengine API good
enough? What can we do to improve the situation and what is required for
future.

Thanks
--
~Vinod