[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] large system issues and failure analysis

Luck, Tony tony.luck at intel.com
Sat Jun 23 02:54:05 UTC 2012

I'm the ia64 (Itanium) maintainer ... but I know nobody cares :(

I'm also interested in mission critical systems - for which one of the
key requirements is being able to debug the root cause of a crash in
just one occurrence (owners of stock exchanges hate it when you say
"well let's run it again tomorrow and see if it crashes again").

So pstore, "dying breath", flight recorder, etc. are all hugely interesting to me.

I'd also like to provide some large system perspective to balance out against
the embedded, phone, tablet etc. people who may sometimes forget that
we need to support hundreds of cores, terabytes of memory and thousands
of I/O devices.

-Tony