[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] memory management/memory cgroups

Michal Hocko mhocko at suse.cz
Fri Jun 22 13:48:11 UTC 2012

Hi,
I would like to attend kernel summit this year.

I would like to discuss further progress in the memory cgroup area -
kernel memory limits integration, soft reclaim rework and dirty limit
throttling.

Other than that I would like to discuss memory management patches workflow.
Memory cgroup have their own development tree[1] for quite some time already
and it has worked quite well. It wasn't aimed for Linus to pull
from but rather it's primary focus was in helping people who develop
memcg features to have a stable base to develop agains. linux-next
(which contains Andrew's tree) is not ideal in that regards because it
is a moving target so it requires a lot of rebasing and stuff that can
potential break.
It's been just recently when Andrew "resurected" is mmotm tree. We have
started discussing how to push all mm patches - not just memcg - from
his tree to a git tree and ended up with some ideas. As a result
memcg-devel is now turning into -mm git tree.
I would like to discuss how to make a workflow that the tree would be
helful for as many people in this area as possible.

[1] https://github.com/mstsxfx/memcg-devel.git
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs