[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] Memory management

Michal Hocko mhocko at suse.cz
Fri Jun 22 13:21:10 UTC 2012

On Tue 19-06-12 19:16:07, Johannes Weiner wrote:
[...]
> Prodecurally, I wish there was a separate memory management tree that
> isn't based on -next.  As was apparent before, and established in the
> linux-next thread, quite some half-baked changes make it into -next
> and developping on top of that is very hard.

I was working with Andrew on moving memcg-devel tree towards -mm tree
last few days and it seems we can get there. There are still things to
polish but memcg-devel should turn into non-rebased mm tree gradually
(as of today all mm patches should be in the tree but I expect some
clashes as the tree was following only memcg relevant parts in the
past).
Anyway thanks for bringing this up I would like to discuss this topic
as well.

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs