[Ksummit-2012-discuss] PCI breakout session

Fri Jun 22 07:18:42 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 17:51 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 22:40 +0100, James Bottomley wrote:
> >
> > > Absolutely. I don't think the mini-summits on day 2 have to be limited
> > > to the KS invite list, do they ?
> >
> > No, they don't; each mini-summit is free to invite additional people
> > like last year.
>
> Which is still part of the KS invite list, isn't it? There's just two
> sets of invite lists now. "Core" and "Technical" as day 2 is the
> technical working/breakout sessions. Even though day 2 has a wider
> audience than day 1, I thought they are still "official" KS invitees.

Depends on definitions, I think.  At prague, where the mini summits were
day 1 and the core kernel day was day 2 the kernel summit programme
committee only really selected the invitees for the core kernel day.
The mini summit invitee list was left up to those organising it and then
the final combined day included everyone in either list.

I think we'll follow the same pattern in San Diego, so I'd anticipate
the minisummit leaders get broad rein to select their attendees. Whether
we refer to the combined list as "part of the KS invite list" isn't
really something that matters to me much.

James