[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] arm soc platforms, new architectures

Will Deacon will.deacon at arm.com
Wed Jun 20 16:44:24 UTC 2012

Hi Arnd,

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 03:39:19PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> Last year, we also had a very successful ARM subarchitecture
> maintainer mini-summit right before the kernel summit, and Olof
> and I are both thinking we should have another one. I'd like
> to hear now if people think that would be useful to colocate
> with the kernel summit, as a break-out session or a separate
> mini-summit. If it doesn't work out that time, we should plan
> to have one at either ELC-Europe or Linaro Connect two months
> later.

I thought that the mini-summit we had in Prague was excellent (fun and
productive!) so I'd definitely be in favour of a repeat performance if it's
on the cards. The (slight) problem with co-locating with Connect is that I
find the sessions get in the way of the hacking and it's difficult to get
everybody in the same place at once.

Cheers,

Will