[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] zero copy networking, bridge vs macvtap, co-maintainership, pci

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Fri Jun 22 00:12:53 UTC 2012

On 22/06/12 03:03, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Mark Brown<broonie at sirena.org.uk>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 04:58:19PM +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>>
>>> á á- co-maintainership issues. Being one of co-maintainers poses
>>> á á ásome challenges on top of the usual ones for a maintainer.
>>> á á áWho picks up each patch? Is a patch acceptable to both maintainers?
>>> á á áetc. áThis is not at all unique though so I would like to learn
>>> á á áfrom others who maintain in a group: what works?
>>
>> What's been done whenever I do this is that one person owns the tree and
>> then we agree on classes of things that we each want to review.
>
> IRC or google talk with each co-maintainer works pretty well.

Good old fashioned email works well too. When the maintainers are in
very different time zones its not always convenient to interactively talk.
The method doesn't matter so much, as long as you communicate.

Regards
Greg

Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Group, McAfee                      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
8 Gardner Close                             FAX:         +61 7 3217 5323
Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia                WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com