[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] stable kernel stuff and grumpy maintainers [bisection/rebase/-next]

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Thu Jun 21 13:45:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 21:24 +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 08:12:18AM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 11:43 +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:
> >
> > > Strictly speaking, 32 randconfigs may only cover a small fraction of
> > > the full 32 combination space. That could be something improvable.
> > >

> > But if you have a large number of people testing randconfigs and
> > different hardware, that would be much better wont it? A SETI project
> > for kernel builds ;-)
>
> Right. And just count me as one of them ;-)

Note, this was the motivation for pushing ktest. To get more people an
easy setup to automate their tests. It wasn't to replace a setup if you
already had one. It was to get new people to have a drop in tool that
they can easily run randconfig tests or other things on their kernels.

It was to try to get that SETI mentality wrt kernel testing.

-- Steve