[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] stable-kernel git management?

Luck, Tony tony.luck at intel.com
Wed Jun 20 20:41:32 UTC 2012

> Please write the scripts to do so then, right now, the work it takes me
> to do the stable releases is not much at all, as I've scripted it pretty
> well.  For me to change how that works would require a bunch of rework
> of both my scripts, and my workflow, for almost no-gain that I can see.
> Actually, it looks like more work, as I'm sure I will get those topic
> branches confused.

I think this thread started because some people would find it easier
to do a "git pull some-stuff" to grab all the bits of a series to test,
and to see what the final result looks like.

Perhaps they should petition the git maintainers to support a
"git quiltpull some-stuff" so they can get what they want without
making other people change their workflow?

-Tony

90% likely that among the myriad options that git has, it can either
already do this, or five lines of shell script wrapped around some
"curl" and "git am" would do it.

Also quite possible that I'm mistaken about the requirements.