[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] arm soc platforms, new architectures

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Jun 20 18:35:15 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 20 June 2012, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 03:39:19PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> > The 64-bit ARM port that Catalin Marinas is working on will certainly
> > draw more attention though. I think he should do a session about this
> > himself, but as the primary contact for new architectures, I will
> > certainly be involved in the discussion as well.
>
> I'm happy to have a session on this, though at this stage I don't have a
> clear agenda in mind. If it's just a status update, my 64-bit ARM Linux
> presentation proposal has been accepted for LinuxCon (and I can do it
> twice).

I don't think there is a need to have the same presentation twice. However,
there might still be one or more controversial issues about the code.
If there are, then we should use the summit to resolve them for good,
otherwise I think we can skip that session and refer everyone to your
LinuxCon presentation.

So while I hope we don't need a discussion session about 64-bit ARM,
I would plan to have one.

	Arnd