[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] stable-kernel git management?

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Jun 20 15:54:01 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 03:13:17PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > > Or, at least, if we can have the expanded to-be-released-as-stable
> > > git tree, it'd help the review for me...
> >
> > Greg keeps the unreleased patches in a quilt series in the stable-queue
> > git tree.  Is that not sufficient?  If not, why?
>
> Well, it's no expanded tree.  I'm just too lazy to do "get the latest
> linux-stable.git, update stable-queue.git, apply series" at each time
> :)

And would someone really be willing to pull that git tree?

Problem is, it would be constantly rebased, which I don't want to do,
and it would be thrown away after each stable release as well, when I do
a real release, which would take a whole lot of explaining to users as
to how to handle it.

But if someone is willing to create the tree from my quilt series
automagically, feel free to do so.

thanks,

greg k-h