[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] arm soc platforms, new architectures

Catalin Marinas catalin.marinas at arm.com
Wed Jun 20 14:59:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 03:39:19PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> Last year, we also had a very successful ARM subarchitecture
> maintainer mini-summit right before the kernel summit, and Olof and I
> are both thinking we should have another one. I'd like to hear now if
> people think that would be useful to colocate with the kernel summit,
> as a break-out session or a separate mini-summit. If it doesn't work
> out that time, we should plan to have one at either ELC-Europe or
> Linaro Connect two months later.

I would be very interested in attending an ARM mini-summit (or
ARM-related breakout sessions) during this KS.

> The 64-bit ARM port that Catalin Marinas is working on will certainly
> draw more attention though. I think he should do a session about this
> himself, but as the primary contact for new architectures, I will
> certainly be involved in the discussion as well.

I'm happy to have a session on this, though at this stage I don't have a
clear agenda in mind. If it's just a status update, my 64-bit ARM Linux
presentation proposal has been accepted for LinuxCon (and I can do it
twice).

--
Catalin