[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] stable kernel stuff and grumpy maintainers

Glauber Costa glommer at parallels.com
Wed Jun 20 09:21:27 UTC 2012

On 06/20/2012 01:04 PM, James Bottomley wrote:
>> >And also getting support for new device IDs via stable is not an
>> >exception, right?
> But I don't consider this to be grey: new HW support is an enhancement
> and therefore not a stable candidate.

I don't really know, so I am guessing here: but perhaps the reasoning
for merging them into stable is that they can't possibly break anything
that was working before (and I am basically only taking Jiri's word that
they indeed happen).

But even then: If they are really only adding device IDs I can't imagine
you would take more than a few seconds to distinguish them from the others.