[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] Process issues, device model, stable

Luck, Tony tony.luck at intel.com
Tue Jun 19 22:34:17 UTC 2012

> Isn't LTP the testing tool that solves that. It runs some pretty extensive
> tests?

That's good - but I don't think it comes close to the breadth of coverage
that happens when Linus says: "3.x-rc(N>=2) is released ... go test it"
and a few thousand people go build it with their own personalized
.config file and then run it on their machine which has some random
set of I/O devices ... and they exercise it with their own favorite
workload.  There is probably some clustering around favoured bits of
hardware like MacBook Air, and config files derived from latest Fedora.
But essentially every single one of those testers is running their own
unique test.

-Tony