[Ksummit-2012-discuss] Coverity "reports"

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 21:30:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 02:30:44PM -0500, Jason Wessel wrote:
 > The tool seems very "picky" about things.  Given that we already have
 > problems with not enough review cycles, fixing some of these trivial
 > errors would further take away from those resources.  But there is
 > probably an army of newbies waiting to fix more spelling errors and
 > the like...

Just filtering by defect type can reduce this a lot, as some of their
checkers seem to be less prone to false-positives than others.

 > BTW Thanks for the pointers Dave, I'm interested in hearing more about
 > trinity and if you believe it is prime time ready where you think
 > other distro maintainers should be putting this into the range of
 > system tests?

It's getting there, though there are still a bunch of things I want to
get right before I'm happy to start producing versioned releases.
Right now for example it seems to be far too easy for it to trigger
the oom killer, which quickly devolves into a pretty boring waste
of electricity.

	Dave