[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] writeback and kernel testing

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Tue Jun 19 17:44:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 17:12 +0100, Mel Gorman wrote:

> This is trickier because it depends on what distribution you are using.
> My own setup is partially automated but parts of that automation
> makes assumptions on what the bootloader configuration looks like.
> Capturing serial console output is fairly easy because software like
> conmux exist. Automatic power management would be a pain because there
> are so many ways it can be achieved but it's not something I put any
> effort into as too many of my test machines have no remote power
> capability.

I found that investing in remote power cycling was a great investment. I
use a very affordable utility:

http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html

Just $109.

Peter Zijlstra told me he uses this:

http://www.gmb.nl/item_view.aspx?id=3234

But I'm not sure if they have something similar for you on those funny
islands off the coast of France. Perhaps what Peter uses will work for
you, but you need to convert the outlets.

-- Steve