[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] stable kernel stuff and grumpy maintainers

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Jun 18 21:02:56 UTC 2012

On 06/18/2012 01:59 PM, Andrew Morton wrote:

>> This seems to be going down the rathole that we tried to address with
>> the "Impact:" notes in -tip.  It didn't work :(
>>

> I find myself typing "when fixing a bug, please fully describe
> the end-user visible effects of that bug" awfully frequently.
>
> Something ain't working.

I agree.  There are the ones where the bug fixer simply doesn't know,
but others they just can't or won't communicate even if they have been
down that block more than a few times.

I also find that it is horribly random when contributors tag something
for -stable.  I add and remove such annotations with horrible frequency,
and often it takes quite some interrogation.

	-hpa