[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] linux-next and process

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Mon Jun 18 20:46:22 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 13:06 -0700, Greg KH wrote:

> If you can manage something like this, I would love to see it,
> especially as it would allow me to keep on top of patch submissions for
> the 2 weeks that the merge window is open.

I could start something like this up, or Stephen could. Either way, I
think we need Stephen's scripts that I'm sure he has to help with merges
and such for linux-next.

> And also, I'm sure we all have things in local development trees that
> are half-baked, that could use some more testing by others before they
> get added to the public trees.  I know I sure do...

That's the point. I have a lot of changes that I'm not ready to push
yet, but they really could use testing by others before I do so. And I'm
thinking other people have this too.

The rule to get in and stay in is that you can't break builds or boots,
or other people's work in general.

-- Steve