[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] linux-next and process

Jiri Kosina jkosina at suse.cz
Mon Jun 18 20:45:22 UTC 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> I would also imagine that this repo would pull from different git trees
> like linux-next, but if a new change is proven to be too broken, that it
> gets reverted (rebased) with a email going out to the owner of the repo.
> We still want the code to build and work for everyone.

Well, so this would basically be what current Andrew's tree is, right? The
only difference would be that along individual patches, it'll also include
git trees.

I am sure Andrew can cope with including git trees already, as he is
basing his tree on linux-next anyway ... but he might have objections due
to probably much more merge conflicts he'll start to hit.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs