[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] stable kernel stuff and grumpy maintainers

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Mon Jun 18 18:00:26 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 06:39:09PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:25:56AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
>
> > I've attached the version of the script I use, it's based on an old
> > script from Andrew Morton that he used to use (odds are he's fixed up
> > that old one to be a bit more recent.)  It relies on the different
> > naming scheme I use for my git branches (work-next for what to merge to
> > the next branch, and work-linus for what to merge to the "Linus"
> > branch), but you should get the general idea from it.
>
> We should really have some central place to develop tooling like this
> rather than passing things about by hand, at least for the people who
> don't want to code up their own stuff.  I'm not sure if it's best to do
> that in the kernel tree or if a separate place would make sense.

Andrew's scripts have been public for years, and so have mine, but I'm
sure that both of ours are tuned for our specific usages and directory
layouts.  If you know of a place we can put them that would help out
everyone, I'm all for it, and will work to adapt my scripts to fit into
the new framework.

thanks,

greg k-h