[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] Kernel summit - bwh

Ben Hutchings ben at decadent.org.uk
Fri Jun 15 23:44:18 UTC 2012

As a member of the Debian kernel team and maintainer of the 3.2.y stable
series, I'm interested in discussing things like:

- Ensuring that distributions can enable new features with minimal
  impact to those who don't use them
- User documentation for new features (that aren't syscalls)
- Process for backporting and re-testing bug fixes
- Forwarding and tracking of bugs from distributions to upstream
- Choosing kernel versions for distributions and 'longterm' stable
  branches
- Early detection of bugs (static checking, test suites, more compiler
  diagnostics...)

Also:

- Maintenance of linux-firmware, and (if I haven't dealt with it by
  then) getting rid of the firmware directory

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
                                                              - Albert Camus