[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] ARM, process, downstream distro

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Fri Jun 15 21:15:59 UTC 2012

I'd like to attend this years kernel summit.

I maintain the arm-soc tree (together with Arnd Bergmann), trying to
keep the ever-increasing number of ARM vendors' contributions under
control. ~8% of patches merged for the 3.5 merge window came in
through my pull requests.

For KS, the topics I care about most are around maintainer process and
git tree management (since that directly affects my day-to-day
maintainer work), as well as technical discussions around relevant
topics for ARM; PM, device-tree/runtime system configuration, etc.

In addition to the arm-soc work, I also lead the kernel team for
Chrome OS at Google. I would be happy to discuss our experience as a
downstream consumer of the kernel, from our work with vendors getting
them to engage in upstream process, our current pain points with
trying to stay close to upstream and some of what our outlook is for
the times head.

-Olof