[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] Patch review, bug/regression tracking, device hiererchy extensions

Rafael J. Wysocki rjw at sisk.pl
Fri Jun 15 21:05:32 UTC 2012

On Friday, June 15, 2012, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 22:40:46 +0200
> "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw at sisk.pl> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to discuss the following things at the Kernel Summit:
> >
> > (1) Patch review: Are there any problems with patch review that we need to
> >     address and if so, then how to do that; Can we have patchwork again?
> >
> > (2) Bug/regression tracking: Is there any need or would it be useful to track
> >     kernel bug/regression reports?; If so, then what process would be most
> >     convenient for that?; Is Bugzilla useful to anyone?
>
> This could be a more general topic about kernel.org infrastructure.

Well, I think there are two things to consider here.  First, a process of
tracking bugs (do we need BZ at all or perhaps we can use something else
and how exactly we are going to use that) and second, an infrastructure needed
for that.  They seem to be kind of separate, although obviously the set of
processes we can choose from has to depend on the admins bandwidth limitations,
so to speak.

> For bz specifically, it would be handy if certain products/subsystems
> were forwarded to other bugzillas (e.g. for graphics we tend to use fdo
> and would like to keep things in one place).
>
> But I think patchwork is still down and there have been trouble with
> some of the wikis; maybe we should discuss and figure out which
> services are the most useful and see if the admins have the bandwidth
> to handle it all?

Yup, that too.

Thanks,
Rafael