[Ksummit-2009-discuss] Draft (v3) Kernel Summit Agenda

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Thu Oct 8 18:01:27 PDT 2009

The following is a draft schedule for the kernel summit in Tokyo in a
week and a half.  If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me
or the program committee know.

Thanks,

						- Ted

Sunday, October 18th
5:30pm  Attendee Registration at Villa Fontaine Shiodome Lobby
6:00pm  Depart for Welcome Reception at Sai Restaurant (Walking)
9:00pm  Reception Ends, Return to Hotel

Monday, October 19th
7:30am  Attendees meet in Villa Fontaine Lobby
8:00am  Bus departs for Akihabara Convention Hall
8:30am  Bus Arrives/Breakfast in Room 5C
9:00am  Introduction, Agenda Bashing, Logistics, etc.
9:10am  Mini-summit readouts
	   - Real-time
	   - Power management
	   - Networking
	   - I/O Controller
	   - Containers Summit (XXX if it happens?)
10:00am Morning break
10:30am Combined end-user panel: enterprise and embedded
11:00am     --- triple width slot
11:30am     --- triple width slot
12:00pm Lunch in Room 5C
1:00pm  Regression tracking and kernel quality
1:30pm      ---- double width slot
2:00pm  Break
2:30pm  Demo of perf/ftrace/timeline
3:00pm  Future of Perf Events
3:30pm  Tracing (tracepoint stability, ftrace enhancements, utrace)
4:00pm  Break
4:30pm  Lightning Talks
5:00pm  Generic OF-style device tree
5:30pm  Slot TBA
6:00pm  Kernel Summit Ends
6:15pm  Bus departs for Villa Fontaine Shiodome
6:45pm  Bus arrives at hotel/attendees drop bags in hotel rooms
7:00pm  Depart for Evening Reception at Bice Restaurant (Walking)
9:30pm  Reception Ends, Return to Hotel

Tuesday, October 20th
7:30am  Attendees meet in Villa Fontaine Lobby
8:00am  Bus departs for Akihabara Convention Hall
8:30am  Bus Arrives/Breakfast in Room 5C
9:00am  OIN, Patents, and Workarounds
9:30am      --- double width slot
10:00am Morning Break
10:30am How Google's usage of Linux and problems they have encountered
11:00am     --- double width slot
11:30am Performance regressions / State of the Scheduler
12:00pm Lunch in Room 5C
12:45pm Group Photo
1:00pm  Hacking time
1:30pm      --- double width slot
2:00pm  Break
2:30pm  Synchronization primitives naming / rt merge
3:30pm  Generic architecture support/arch layer cleanup
4:00pm  Break
4:30pm  Linux-next and staging tree review
5:00pm  Improving our development process
5:30pm	Kernel Summit -- What went well, what can we do better?
6:00pm  Kernel Summit Ends
6:15pm  Bus departs for Villa Fontaine Shiodome
6:45pm  Bus arrives at hotel/attendees drop bags in hotel rooms
7:00pm  Bus departs for Closing Reception at Gonpachi Ginza
9:30pm  Reception Ends, Return to Hotel