[Ksummit-2009-discuss] Meeting userspace requirements

Ingo Molnar mingo at elte.hu
Sun Jul 12 00:12:54 PDT 2009

* Matthew Wilcox <matthew at wil.cx> wrote:

[...]
> What we lack is a way for these people to communicate with kernel
> developers that can help them -- whether or not that's our fault
> isn't a terribly interesting question; the important point is that
> they seem to feel that way.

I disagree with part of this - i think this question is one of the
most interesting questions in this context.

Not having the right features upstream is the symptom, lkml
hostility is one of the causes. I cannot over-emphasise the general
importance of concentrating on the cause instead of on the symptoms.

	Ingo