[Ksummit-2008-discuss] Agenda -- Final version for printing

Theodore Ts'o tytso at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 10 15:07:32 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Due to printing guidelines, this is the version which we will be sending
out to the printers.  As always, if you have suggestions for the TBA
slots, please suggest them, either on the mailing list or at the summit
itself.  And if we need to make changes on the fly, we can always do
that.

Thanks all for helping out with planning the agenda!

       	       	       	   		     - Ted

			  Kernel Summit Agenda
			 September 15-16, 2008

Monday
======

9:00    - Introduction, Agenda Bashing, Logistics, etc. (Theodore Ts'o)
9:30	- When should we drop old/unmaintained drivers?  (Dave Jones
	      and Arjan van de Ven)
10:00   - MiniSummit Reports
10:30   - Break
11:00	- When should Drivers be Merged (James Bottomley)
11:30   - Filesystem/Block APIs (Eric Sandeen, Chris Mason)
12:00   - Working well with other subsystems (Jean Delvare, Greg K-H)
12:30   - Lunch
1:30    - Tools (Paul Mackerras)
2:00    - Unifying boot time tools (Dave Jones)
2:30    - Break
3:00    - Kernel Quality (Rafael Wysocki, Arjan van de Ven)
3:30    - 	continued
4:00    - Topic TBA
4:30    - Break
5:00    - Kernel Development and Release Processes discussion
5:30	- 	continued
6:15    - Bus pickup at the Smith Center
6:30    - Dinner (Sponsored by HP)

BOF's (at the restuarant) at 8:00pm and 9:00pm

Tuesday
=======

9:00    - User requirements for Tracing Tools (James Bottomley)
9:30    - Systemtap, Dtrace, and other Tracing Tools
10:00	- Kernel Documentation (Jonathan Corbet)
10:30   - Break
11:00	- Mid-day BOF's / bugfix hour
11:30   - 	continued
12:00   - Topic TBA
12:30   - Lunch
1:30    - Delayed interrupt work / thread pools (Ben Herrenschmidt)
2:00    - Best Practices developing kernel subsystems with large
		userspace components (David Airlie)
2:30    - Topic TBA
3:00    - Break
3:30    - New Suspend/Resume Framework (Rafael Wysocki)
4:00    - Fixing the Kernel Janitor's Project (James Bottomley)
4:30    - Break
5:00    - Kernel Summit -- What went well, what can we do better?
	  	 	(Theodore Ts'o)
5:45    - Group Photograph
6:00	- Joint Dinner Reception with the Linux Plumbers Conference
	      	     (Sponsored by IBM)
		(walking distance from venue)
		Note: the Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board
		elections will take place at the Joint Dinner Reception