[Ksummit-2008-discuss] DTrace

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Jun 30 20:17:54 PDT 2008

 > make-kpkg is deprecated and not really actively developed. We aren't
 > using it for the linux-2.6 Debian linux images.
 > a sketch of docs how we build them is available on
 > http://wiki.debian.org/HowToRebuildAnOfficialDebianKernelPackage

This doesn't really seem to be a replacement for make-kpkg -- unless I'm
misunderstanding that doc, it requires you to start with a kernel tree
with a debian/ directory already set up.  It doesn't talk about how to
start with a "pristine" upstream tree and build a debian package from
that.

And indeed
<http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html#s-kernel-org-package>
at least only talks about make-kpkg.