[Ksummit-2008-discuss] DTrace

maximilian attems max at stro.at
Mon Jun 30 04:44:17 PDT 2008

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, Theodore Tso wrote:
<snipp>
> Although if someone on the debian kernel team is interested in making
> make-kpkg work with modern 2.6 kernels (since the x86 architecture
> merge, make-kpkg isn't including certain files that are necessary for
> the kernel-headers deb to be useful, which is mandatory for systemtap)
> and making make-kpkg understand how to create debuginfo packages so
> that Debian/Ubuntu systems can usefully use systemtap, contact me
> off-line.  I've done a small amount of work on this, but I don't
> really have the time for this project, and I'd love it if someone else
> were interested in trying to solve these issus.
>
> 					- Ted

make-kpkg is deprecated and not really actively developed. We aren't
using it for the linux-2.6 Debian linux images.
a sketch of docs how we build them is available on
http://wiki.debian.org/HowToRebuildAnOfficialDebianKernelPackage
although not as easy to use it allows us to cross build and
hasn't the hard to debug strange Makefiles kernel-package comes along.

--
maks