[Ksummit-2008-discuss] DTrace

Matthew Wilcox matthew at wil.cx
Fri Jun 27 08:04:24 PDT 2008

I went to a Postgresql conference a few weeks ago.  There was a lot of
buzz around DTrace.  Sun and a couple of other companies have put DTrace
hooks into postgres, so they now have some really useful canned queries.
If you're running Solaris or MacOS, of course.

So there was a lot of talk about switching away from Linux.  This can't
possibly be a good thing for us.  I don't personally know what the state
of our competing projects are, but clearly they haven't got their hooks
into postgres ... at least not upstream.

I don't think I'd be the right person to lead a discussion on this, but
maybe we can find someone to talk about it.

a retrograde step."