[Ksummit-2008-discuss] Request for discussion on when to merge drivers

Wed Jun 18 10:34:01 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 10:15 -0700, Luck, Tony wrote:
> > Experience has shown that for most SCSI drivers, the authors tend to be
> > the people producing the hardware and without documentation, no-one else
> > can fix up anything other than obvious coding errors, so we can't put it
> > in the tree and hope someone else will fix it if they have a problem.
>
> Is there an opportunity for a carrot here ... a driver submitted
> *with documentation* gets a faster path into the tree?

You mean with actual how to program it information?  er dunno ... never
seen one of those ...

But I suppose, theoretically, since anyone could access the
documentation to maintain it, it would be much more likely to be fixed
up in tree, yes.

James