[Ksummit-2008-discuss] A suggestion for Linux 3.0

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Aug 31 03:01:19 PDT 2008

> degree, yes, I am. But hopefully this will make you realize that plain
> killing ISA support will make a number of people unhappy, because these

I wouldn't go that far - a small number of ISA devices live on (3c509
being the obvious one) and there is ISA in the form of the LPC bus on a
PC today.

No its things like eth16i, 3c505, 3c507, 3c501, riscom8, ... hardware
that is both obscure and obsolete and in most of these cases I'm pretty
sure hasn't even been tested in years

> I'm fine killing legacy CD-ROM support, yes. And MCA too - I don't even
> know what it is ;)

IBM Microchannel architecture. Basically now only relevant to James
Bottomley.

Alan