[Ksummit-2008-discuss] A suggestion for Linux 3.0

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Sun Aug 31 01:05:32 PDT 2008

Hi Mauro,

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 20:17:00 -0300 (BRT), Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2008, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> >> The zoran driver is still in wide use, you just can't remove it. If it
> >> needs to be converted, let's convert it.
> >
> > Send patches. Otherwise I don't think anyone is going to bother.
>
> I think Hans Verkuil is working on this already. I might be wrong.

I suspect he would have told me if that was the case. But I'll ask him.

I also know that Martin Samuelsson is working on the zoran driver these
days. But I don't know if the V4L2 conversion is part of his plans.

Is there a guide somewhere on what needs to be done to convert a V4L1
driver to V4L2? I'll be happy to help if I can, but I don't know much
about the V4L APIs.

--
Jean Delvare