[Ksummit-2008-discuss] proposal for discussion..

Theodore Tso tytso at mit.edu
Mon Aug 25 10:55:54 PDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:16:56AM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

> Sounds like there's enough contention around this subject for it to be
> a worthwhile slot. (And also, it's possibly one of the most controversial
> ones so far, and we need some of that to keep us awake for the two days :)
>
> The thing that I'm not getting from the proposal though is
> "and here's what we'd like to do about it"

Indeed; this worries me as well.  The other question I have is if we
have the right people on both sides of the kernel/userspace divide to
handle these topics, or whether some or all of them are more properly
Plumber's topics.

We can try to articulate some general principles, but I'm not sure
there's a whole lot to say here.  And if we're going to do specific
topics, such as graphics and wireless (which could be their own
specific slots), I think we need something a bit more concrete than
"we've had problems here", and then make sure we have the right folks
attending the conference.

						- Ted