[Ksummit-2008-discuss] Kernel Summit Request for Discussion: The Future of Target mode and Cloud storage on Linux

Vladislav Bolkhovitin vst at vlnb.net
Fri Aug 22 12:01:51 PDT 2008

FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:42:51 +0400
> Vladislav Bolkhovitin <vst at vlnb.net> wrote:
>
>>> Hmm, really? STGT development is more active IET.
>> Tomo-san, be honest. It was *you*, who stopped the IET development,
>> forcing people to switch to STGT. There is no point to prepare patches
>> for IET, if they will never get merged.
>
> I stopped working on IET but it doesn't mean that I force others to
> stop working on IET. Arne said that he merges patches.

Well, how about declaring unlimited code freeze for all core parts? Has
anybody, except you, had a right to merge patches to IET? Which %% of
coming non-trivial patches have you merged in the last few years? Near
zero? For instance, how many not too bad patches from Ross S. W. Walker
were silently ignored? He didn't received even small comments, which
made him so frustrated, so he stopped all the development activities?

Vlad