[Ksummit-2008-discuss] Kernel Summit Request for Discussion: The Future of Target mode and Cloud storage on Linux

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Aug 20 17:56:49 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 05:36:17PM -0700, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:

 > I could not think of a better group to have this discussion in front of,
 > as we storage folks left to our own devices could not settle on a
 > solution.  So having some inpartial kernel devels around who can also
 > have a look at the proposals is invaluable IMHO.  :-)

Part of the problem is the majority of the room won't have a slightest idea
what most of this is even about.  I lost count how many acronyms you've
dropped in the last 2-3 mails that I failed to parse, and I'm fairly
confident the same will be true for most summit attendees, who will just
tune out and spend the session reading email.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk