[Ksummit-2008-discuss] BOF proposal: SSD

Matthew Wilcox matthew at wil.cx
Thu Aug 14 08:03:56 PDT 2008

What are the scheduling / admittance policies for BOFs?

I'd like to run a BOF discussing SSD work, but many of the interested and
interesting people involved will not be receiving Kernel Summit invites.

I was thinking about running it on Tuesday evening, but there's a
sponsored party that evening and I don't intend to get between people
and their free beer.

I've also considered running it during Plumbers, but several KS attendees
are leaving before Plumbers (apparently they have conflicting meetings).

So I'd like some time on Tuesday afternoon to get some people together
who're interested in SSDs.  If having non-invitees attend a KS event is
problematic, then I'll look into arranging it outside the auspices of KS.

a retrograde step."