[fhs-discuss] Moving forward: FHS 3.0 plan

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Wed May 25 06:33:58 PDT 2011

We've been discussing a number of things on the list in a free-form
fashion; it's time to start narrowing down what needs to happen for this
release of the FHS.

I've filed a few bugs to reflect list feedback, and played around with
the bugs attached to our rollup bug, bug 758.  You can see the resulting
list of bugs here:

http://bugs.linux-foundation.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=758&hide_resolved=1

These bugs are of two types: no-brainer bugs (typos, problems with the
build system, changes that are not controversial) and changes that
reflect either what the distributions are actually doing or are planning
to do.  Bugs calling for more sweeping changes to the FHS are not attached.

Now is a good time for all stakeholders to review the list and propose
bugs for inclusion or removal.  Once we've hashed out the bug list, it
will be time to actually do the work of fixing the bugs, and getting a
draft FHS 3.0 document released.
--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org

Join us this year in celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Linux!
   Watch the "Story of Linux" here:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocq6_3-nEw
   See all of the 20th Anniversary activities here:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/20th