[fhs-discuss] Standardizing various games packaging things across distros

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Tue May 10 22:58:32 PDT 2011

On Mon, 09 May 2011 09:01:33 +0200
Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,

for added cc goodness i've added fhs-discuss to the cc list for this
message.

> On 05/09/2011 02:08 AM, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> > FYI, it seems extremely likely that any and all games directories
> > will be deprecated in the new release of the FHS. In case you
> > _disagree_, it's time to hit the FHS mailing list.
>
> Interesting, what is to happen with /var/games ?

The latest suggestion on list was to leave directories in place marked
deprecated.
So far i've got a patch to remove them, and i'll put one together
marking them deprecated and referring to /var/lib/games (and friends).
If we go with the 'mark deprecated' approach everything can still keep
behaving the way it was, and migrate over as they see fit.
thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)