[fhs-discuss] /run ins FHS?

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at err.no
Mon May 9 23:23:45 PDT 2011

]] Jeff Licquia

| On 05/09/2011 12:33 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
| > On Mon, 9 May 2011, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| >> I think it makes sense to require applications to not assume that the
| >> contents are persistent across reboots.  This does not tie the hands of
| >> distributions, but require that using a tmpfs (or similar) will work.
| >
| > no objection here to adding such a caveat
|
| I have updated bug 718.  Let's make sure we cross-post conclusions like
| this to the bug, so they don't get overlooked when it comes time to make
| the change.

Would it be possible to get email-to-bugzilla working so we could just
cc 718 at bugs.lf.o or similar?  That's make it easier to keep the bug up
to date while not forcing people to use a browser and bugzilla for the
discussion.  (Quoting and threading are not bugzilla's fortes).

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen