[fhs-discuss] Split home directory for each user into two parts

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu May 5 06:39:07 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 09:34:18AM -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:
> Recommending additional directories seems very much within the FHS
> scope.  If it is not the scope of FHS, where should it be considered?

I think the right approach here is to start a project which does what you
want. Then, look at the existing FHS and see where your project's data fits
into the current scheme. If there's an extension that's needed to support
your goals, propose it.

Trying to hammer out a place in the spec _before_ there's a use-case is
backwards.