[Desktop_architects] Regarding GNOME usability (and the Linus, Schaller debate)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Feb 24 13:43:47 PST 2007

On February 24, 2007, Andrew Spott wrote:
> I'm dying to know what the issues with doing this are, because I don't see
> them, but it seems like such a simple solution, in a debate that has been
> going on for a while I'm surprised that it hasn't happened yet.

0) i'm not sure this belongs on this list, perhaps gnome-usability
1) usually when you're surprised the obvious hasn't been done, that's a sign
that the obvious solution is a poor one (or the people involved are truly
twisted)
2) what you're suggesting is called "user levels" and they don't work. it's
been tried many times in many guises. google should turn up information on
why.
3) numbered lists are fun, but more so on saturdays.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se