[Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Dec 31 11:40:38 PST 2005

On 12/31/05, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> note that this doesn't replace X/Qt/Gtk+/whatever APIs, but rather wraps them
> in a common IPC layer for those who can't, don't want to or simply won't
> write directly to those APIs but who also wish for their app to integrate
> nicely with the desktop environment.

The question is, how much of them does it wrap?
I get the feeling Martin would like at least apps to write
*completely* to RUDI instead of to the underlying APIs,
and therefore RUDI will provide access to essentially all of the
functionality of the underlying layers.
Perhaps Martin could comment on this, and give examples
of a few X/Qt/GTK APIs he doesn't want RUDI to wrap.
- Dan